LinkedIn is a powerful tool that you can use to promote your business online. It has been overlooked by many of us, so I want to take a few moments to highlight the benefits of using LinkedIn and how you create a sexy profile for your MLM business.
Here are 5 ways to promote your MLM business on LinkedIn:
- Choose a short, easy to remember URL for your LinkedIn MLM business profile. To do this ,you have to log into your LinkedIn account and go to “customize your public profile URL” down on the right-hand side,click login here.
- Create a professional badge for your website or blogthat will link to your Public LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn has a few different badge designs to select from. Here is what you have to do to create your badge:
- Log into LinkedIn.
- Hover over Profile with your mouse or pointer on LinkedIn’s main menu bar at the top of the page and select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down the page to Public Profile where you’ll see your existing URL and an Edit link to the right (see the first image). Click this Edit link.
- The Public Profile page opens. After the top section, you’ll see the main area, which is marked Public Profile.
- Click the customized buttons text in the second bullet item, Promote your profile with customized buttons (see the second image).
- The LinkedIn Badge page opens. Select and copy all of the code that corresponds to the LinkedIn badge you want to use.
- Go to your MLM business web page or blog and paste the code you copied wherever you want your LinkedIn badge to display.
- Make your LinkedIn profile links to your MLM business website or blog sexier! LinkedIn allows you to create 3 links for your blog or website and you choose whatever name you like. All you need to do is change the link’s anchor text to something more appealing, i.e “Young Entrepreneurs ” than the old boring name i.e ” My website”.
- Don’t ignore LinkedIn apps.Here are just a few of the exciting things you can do with LinkedIn apps:
- You can receive international calls on LinkedIn. Jaxtr provides a great web interface for people to contact you via Skype. Jaxtr uses the web to enable free phone calls from people to you. When you sign up with Jaxtr, you get a simple URL you can use on your LinkedIn profile. I suggest labeling it something like “Call me for free via jaxtr”. You can read more on this topic here.
- Blog Link gives you the opportunity to connect your MLM blog to your LinkedIn profile. Blog Link enable you to publish your blog posts on your LinkedIn profile and all your contacts will be able to see the latest posts. To read more click on Blog Link
- Huddle app: allows you to collaborate with your MLM team and also change documents between contacts including Microsoft Word and Excel documents. Huddle lets you make lists, leave notes for others and see who else is online at the same time. Great stuff:-)
- Resume Builder: LinkedIn Labs has launched Resume Builder that automates your resume and makes it easy to transfer all the information from your Linkedin profile into an elegantly formatted resume that you can share the link to or download a PDF file of. You can also create and manage multiple resumes with the Resume Builder
- Make sure you know who is viewing your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn gives you control on what parts of your profile are displayed to the public. To learn more please click who viewed my profile
Did you know you can tweet using LinkedIn?
Twitter.com will no longer allow you to posts your tweets on Twitter and be shown on LinkedIn as well.
The LinkedIn team let us know that “any conversation you start on Twitter will no longer be automatically shared with your LinkedIn network, even if you synced both accounts”
If you would like to tweet on LinkedIn, then simply start your conversation on, compose your update, check the box with Twitter icon and click “Share”. This will automatically push your update to both your LinkedIn connection and Twitter followers just like before.”
Another Great Tip on Social Media for MLM Business Builders
Have you heard of Yonoo? If not,then please read on …you will be amazed !
Yonoo is a Firefox add-on that you can use for checking your social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google Talk… Read more about the Yonoo add-on.
Yonoo Community on introducing Yonoo:
” We’re incredibly excited to be including this feature in our next release. The feature is mostly aimed at power users who want access to many data points without changing gears (clicking various tabs in Yoono) but you can opt to turn on multi-column by simply clicking a dedicated button at the bottom of the Firefox Add-On.The small column-esque button turns your browser view into an array of columns and you have full customization options to display Twitter & Facebook side by side or a saved Twitter Search. AIM gets its own column and so does Flickr. In a basic configuration of Yoono with all 10 of our services added, there are 1,681 different configuration options available to you and this is pretty monumental because, prior to version 7.1, you only had 1 option to customize how Yoono displays data.”